Friday, September 10, 2010

8 September 2010

A fog rolled in off the bay overnight, and the weather remained indecisive throughout the day while I collected fallen apples, made a delivery of peaches, weeded and put up wire rodent guards around the trunks of the apple trees, and worked the farmers’ market in Blue Hill.

This evening, Sally had a bunch of us over for dessert and games. After a slice of blueberry cream pie and four rounds of Uno, I was ready to call it quits at nine-thirty and head back to my apartment to get ready for bed. They, however, were just getting started. The game of Yahtzee lasted two hours. I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time, but by midnight, I had been up for eighteen hours and was already dreading my alarm clock in the morning and another nine-hour day of work. I was the youngest of the six women present by four decades, but they had more energy by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment