Friday, September 17, 2010

15 September 2010

My alarm clock went off far too early this morning, but I got up, fixed breakfast (toast with almond butter and a glass of chocolate milk), washed my face, brushed my teeth, studied (for the GRE Literature in English subject test) for about forty-five minutes, and then I just couldn’t keep my eyes open to read anymore. So I climbed back in bed, set my alarm clock for five minutes until eight, and dozed for another hour.

Today wasn’t too busy. I packed more peaches. I know, I thought I’d packed the last of them, but these were the very last to be taken from the tree. I’ve been assured that there are no more. There better not be. After that, I picked up apples that had fallen from the trees and put up more rodent guards. Tim and Leslie had to both go to the market today because they had to meet with someone there, so I got the majority of the afternoon off.

I spent the evening with the Dowe’s Acres girls. Yep, they have a name for themselves—and a song, which they sang for me with very little prompting. Margaret had a dinner party at her house, and though they wouldn’t hear of me bringing anything, Sally brought spinach-artichoke dip, Vivian made a fresh salad with balsamic vinagrette, Margaret made homemade pizza, and Diana brought a chocolate cake. We ate and talked and laughed (rather uproariously) for hours. It’s so good to have friends, and while I’m counting down the days until I come home (26!), I’ll miss them sorely.

1 comment:

  1. It's official: you need to write a story about them.

    ReplyDelete