Saturday, September 18, 2010

17 September 2010

I’m afraid my blog has become rather boring and brief as late, and for that I apologize. I’m certain there’s nothing more tiresome than reading rote recitation of what I do each day, but for the life of me, I’ve had neither the energy nor the inspiration to write anything else. After getting up with the sun and physically laboring for eight hours or so, I have a hard time wrapping my mind and pen around the mysteries and revelations of life. I hope you’ll bear with me though. In a week and a half, I’ll be finished at the orchard (yes, I can hear the Hallelujah chorus trumpeting through my head), and I’ll move down the road to spend a week with my dear friend Sally. I’ll have nothing to do but sleep late, sit in companionable silence with another soul, read, write, and study for the GRE Literature in English subject test. Mayhap then I’ll be able to ponder and mull over deeper matters than apples, peaches, pears, and plums.

No comments:

Post a Comment